Hawks Track & Field
Head Coach: Mr. Thompson
Assistant Coaches: Mr. Bickers, Mr. Belasco, Mr. Moceri
Students sign in and pick up Track & Field forms for the 2019 season the mornings of March 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th in the locker pit area. After those dates, students can still sign up but they will need to visit either Coach Thompson or Mr. Bickers to pick up the forms.
The forms include:
-Athletic Physical dated April 15, 2018 or later. An athlete must have a physical on file to practice. One of the biggest mistakes an athlete makes is waiting too long to make a physical appointment and then they find out they can’t get in to their doctor for 2 weeks.
-Practices will begin April 8th held Monday thru Friday from 3:00 to 4:30. An athlete must be at school at least ½ of a day to participate in practice or a meet.
-If an athlete has to miss practice, we ask that they let a coach know via email or stopping by one of the coaches rooms to let us know.
-On home meets, coaches are always looking for volunteers to help with timing or measure. We always show a person what needs to be done, so if you have the time, please contact a coach and let them know you’d like to get involved and volunteer 1 home meet or 3.
***Please be advised that athletes may be required to leave school early to travel to other schools due to bus schedules. These instances are rare.
What should I know about Wyandot Track?
Boys & Girls practice and run meets together, but are considered 2 separate teams for scoring.
A wide variety of events to choose from:
o Field Events - Shot Put, Long Jump & High Jump
o Hurdles - 55 m & 200 m
o Sprints - 70 m, 100 m, 200 m & 400 m
o Distance - 800 m & 1600 m
o Relays - 4 x 100 m, 4 x 200 m & 4 x 400 m
- Every athlete will compete in 3 events for each meet!
- Every athlete receives a Wyandot Track t - shirt!
- Wyandot Track Hoodies & Sweatpants are available for purchase!
- All athletes are required to wear Royal Blue shorts for all track meets
- The district meet has a limited number of entries, so not all team members will be able to participate (see coaches for details)
- One - way transportation will be provided to away meets. Parents must pick athletes up at all away meets (meets typically end about 5:30 pm).